Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Easiest Thing To Make In Fall: Applesauce


I started making my own applesauce last year after a girlfriend made it one night and it was so yummy and easy I made it for the next 9 consecutive nights. It can serve as a snack or a whole meal if you're apple crazy like me.
6 apples (I like a more tart apple variety)
apple pie spice (cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg will do too)
sugar
water
** put about 1/4 cup water and cut each apple into about 8 pieces. Cook covered over medium heat for about 20 min. sprinkle in the spice and 1/4 cup sugar during the process. I like a lot of spice and less sugar but you can put in as much as you want. The apples should basically fall apart when it's done.
Cool Idea If You're Having A Dinner Party: Get several varieties of apples and make a few batches and you can have your own applesauce tasting!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

I *LOVE* apple sauce and have made it too, the kids love it, and so do I. I even leave chunks in it because I looove chunky apple sauce.

September 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

I do the same thing! I also like to eat it while it's still hot.

September 3, 2009 at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home