Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Quest For The Perfect Bed




I have been working on this strange thing over the last few years that I've been calling The Perfect Bed. It's pretty much a compulsion to try to make my bed the most comfortable wonderful place on the planet. About 6 months ago, I skipped the grocery store in favor of new pillowcases and I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking at sheets, pillows, blankets, etc. online. It's sick and I'm pretty sure a therapist would have some thoughts on it. I don't think it's a sex thing though, I just want the perfect bed. (Did anyone see Intervention last night speaking of sick? The self injury woman? Wow)
So far, the best pillows are from the W hotel. Trust me, I've ordered pretty much every kind and then returned them. The W pillows stayed. Also, if you can do it, get white everything. This doesn't appear to work for people with dogs that like to get up on the bed but I think it's so worth all of the washing to get white. Also, if you get one of those down comforters in white (or whatever color mine's from the Company Store) get it one size larger than your bed. It means you can pile it up on the bed without it leaving anyone cold. Mine looks a lot like the one below but I'm working towards one of the above:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first bed looks amazing. I wish i could be that neat and tidy.

March 24, 2009 at 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am on a pillow quest. Checking out W Hotels now...which type was your favorite? Ultracloud, down alternative? BTW...I just started reading your blog a couple of weeks ago and just love your style. I normally don't keep feeds in my reader that don't show full content (too lazy to make one more click). Yours is an exception.

March 25, 2009 at 5:11 AM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Tanya - I love that first one too. I took a canvas and recreated that branch and birds scene and it's now over my bed. You'd be surprised how easy it was to duplicate.

Janet - Thanks so much! It was the cloud pillow, I don't think you'll be sorry, it's good for people who like soft pillows.

March 25, 2009 at 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home