Saturday, March 21, 2009

Don't Call It A Comeback: Old School is In


I found myself ordering a Tom Collins Thursday night which kicked off a conversation about a: why have I been ordering old people drinks lately? and b: old school stuff that's either getting cool or always has been cool.
For one, old school drinks are coming back in a big way because let's face it, if I order one more specialty martini I'm going to probably try to drown myself in it. Suddenly, I'm just so much more exited about a Tom Collins than another lame cosmo. Sites dedicated to creating Rob Roys, Scotch, and Tom Collins type drinks are popping up like crazy. Here's my favorite.
Other things that are really awesome and old school:
Dens: I must have a 70's style den in my house someday.
House Slippers: My friend wore these to the bar on Thurs.... for real. Without socks.
Wine Cellars
early bird specials (we call it brunch but if it's at 3PM I think it's technically an early bird special)
shuffleboard
Pin Ups: Have always been kind of in but I feel like there's more and more of them lately. There's even an Iphone weather app. with pin ups now.
Shaving With A Straight Razor: Super hot and if you can master it, I hear you'll never go back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my den shall be my lair...

... here is my short list of the major requirements that will compose my den:
1. Huge TV w/everything you can attach to it attached to it.
2. Many monitors attached to many computers.
3. Smoking Jacket(s) - extra for friends and different days of the week.
4. A wet bar, stocked.
5. A large amazingly awesome murphy bed w/Remote control.
6. Pimp leather couch in front of the HUGE TV.
7. Vast shelves of books--all makes and models.
8. A Striper Pole...

T. Colins

PS They weren't house slippers.

http://www.stevemadden.com/item.aspx?id=39273

March 24, 2009 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

A stripper pole in your den? Just what exactly are you building here? :) Do other guys want this "den lair" too? I know about the man cave and everything but what's the deal?

March 25, 2009 at 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home