Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Virgin America Finally Makes Planes That Aren't Disgusting.


Yeah Virgin America! I don't know how many times I've sat down in an airplane with this look of complete horror on my face knowing that the plane hasn't been cleaned in weeks. This isn't limited to one airline or one airport. It's all of them. I won't even touch the security troubles I've had because last time I flew through Denver I was pretty sure they were going to call security on me. They tried to separate me from some of my make-up and then manhandled my new purse.
Annnnnyway, Virgin America has made us a cool plane. That looks and probably is clean. You can choose your meal from a screen in front of you, there's sweet looking reading lights, and it's designed really well.
The truth is, I don't think we're so violently opposed to raising the prices for a plane ticket (it's not my favorite either but just hear me out). What really makes me feel ripped off is that the seat that just cost me $300 has someone's half of a ham sandwich on it. That the plane is filthy, the technology is outdated, the TV's are half broken. Then at the end of the flight they are all "remember to pick up your garbage and take it with you" and I'm all "$300 would pay for a cleaning service to clean my whole house."
So these pretty new planes make me feel slightly better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home