Thursday, January 1, 2009

Accident or Divine Intervention?

Gin and Titonic

Last night I found myself in a table situation I generally do not allow. When you're at a table, against the wall with people on either side of you? so that there is no way you are getting out without mobilizing at least 6 people? Yeah, that makes me incredibly claustrophobic and when the inevitable drink spilling started, I was the one under the lake of Gin and Tonic. My coat was soaked, my dress was soaked, no one moved to get a napkin or anything. Awesome. My phone is also in the Gin and Tonic lake. Just sitting there.
Of course, I yell at people, wad up the towel we eventually got and threw it at the person who spilled it, but my phone is dead. I panic. Like lose my shit panic because I am totally dependent on my phone.
This morning I woke up though and felt.... relieved. Free in some way. This New Year that I claimed I had no resolutions for gave me a resolution anyway. My SIM card is done, which means I have NO PHONE NUMBERS for anyone. so for 2009:
Goodbye boys that I never intended to call that have spent the last few years in my phone.
Goodbye friends that aren't really that close anymore.
Goodbye random people that I feel obligated to call sometimes because I see your name in my address book.
Goodbye people that I call at 2AM and goodbye people that I just don't want to talk to anymore.
Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My computer died over the holidays and I lost every single one of my files. But I totally agree, it's freeing to have a blank slate. Happy New Year!

January 2, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home