Monday, December 29, 2008

Everything In Excess


While I was home for the holidays, my dad took some time to have a little talk with me about my "excessive lifestyle". Since I genuinely enjoy these talks if only to defend my position, I asked him to elaborate. Don't get me wrong, my dad is completely awesome. He carries pictures of his miniature donkeys around with him... super cute. BUT, my dad doesn't see the value in bottle service.
So the talk continued about my high dinner tabs, drinking bouts, yelling frequency, pretty much everything I like about my life but it has really stuck with me since then. Do I have an excessive lifestyle? Is there a difference between "excessive" and just plain fun?
Also, there my be a slight problem here because I took a short inventory of all the things I really like and 95% would fall into that "excessive" category.

On top of that, I like other people who like excess of all kinds. The kind of person that you say hello to and end up talking to for 2 hours on some kind of crazy philosophical rant. the kind of person who quits their job to open a lobster farm in Maine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home