Sunday, August 2, 2009

Question: Would You Have Asked To Move Tables?


Last night some girlfriends and I went out to grab some sushi and we picked a place that we knew we might have to wait. We picked it because most sushi places have awful drink options (I'm not a huge sake fan and most sushi places for some reason don't appear to have a full bar or a bartender that knows how to make anything).
So anyway, we wait for about 45 minutes and finally get a table and as I'm walking towards it, I know that we are headed for a problem. One of the girls I'm with catches my eye and I know she's thinking it too. The table is situated so that if you sit on one side, you are staring into a noisy kitchen and if you sit on the other, you have a splendid view of the bathroom. Not exactly what we had in mind when we knew we'd be spending quite a bit of money on dinner.
My question is: why would they even HAVE a table like that? I have worked in the service industry, there's always a table like that. Almost everyone hates it the minute you seat them there.
On top of it, the host seemed really put off that I had asked to change tables. He told us we could wait for another one and then proceeded to seat at least 4 groups of people before us and 75 minutes later we finally got an acceptable table. This is Madison. No one waits almost 2 hours for a table at a sushi place in Madison. The host didn't mention it again, apologize for it, or even act remotely pleasant to us.
Is this our fault for daring to reject an awful table, or should the host have tried harder to accommodate us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home