Wednesday, April 8, 2009

When I Grow Up.

Lately I've been asking people what they used to want to be when they grow up. The answers were so amazing that I am thinking of doing a photography project around it.
One of my best girlfriends told me that when she was little she wanted to be a bus driver when she grew up. The reason? So she could make lace curtains for the windows.
My mother used to tell people when she was young that she wanted to work at the cigarette and birthday cake factory (apparently, an unhealthy obsession with cake is genetic).
My absolute favorite is the Magician Cowboy.
And somehow, I understand all of those answers. Under even the most jaded, corporate, suit and tie is a shoe shiner. How wonderful is that?
I wanted to be a storyteller/ Indian Princess or a storyteller/hitchhiker. When I think about those "when I grow up" kind of dreams, I always think of Sally Mann's photographs. What did you used to want to be? Did you get there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home