Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Devil Made Me Do It.

via SupremeFreak
I took this personality test yesterday and it tells me that I'm independent (probably to a fault), have a short attention span, and all this other stuff that some days is true. I also love astrology because it's nice to be able to have someone else tell you how you're going to react instead of figuring it out yourself. (My favorite is Bridgett Walther's site) Sometimes I even do this semi annoying thing where I blame my astrological sign for mistakes I've made. It's basically the grown up equivalent of blaming your imaginary friend for things you've done. "I can't help it if I'm unorganized, I'm an Aquarius".
So I realize that all of these tests and long winded diatribes on personality type leave out some things. Things that really make my day better. Like
1) French Toast
2) Emails from Brooklyn
3) Sour Patch Kids
4) Lime Green Post Its
5) Latte breaks
6) Champagne
7) Skinny Jeans out of the dryer
8) Polaroid pictures

I mean, I don't think Post Its are an Aquarius thing or a Type A kind of thing. How much can we rely on these tests and signs to give us insight into our lives without knowing about smaller things like French Toast topped with Nutella? Do those smaller things matter or are they just frosting on the Aquarius cupcake? Aquarius isn't supposed to get on well with Taurus, but what if I met a Taurus who was into horror films and champagne? Which matters more, the big picture of your personality or the little things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home