Monday, January 26, 2009

What If There Is no Silver Lining?


My day started with an e-mail from a close friend saying people were telling her she was negative. Since I have a little experience in being the accused on that one I wrote her back about being ourselves, that funny is sometimes misconstrued as negative, installing a comment box at her desk, that letting negativity out is more healthy that keeping it in, etc.
I realized that I wouldn't want her to start sugar coating herself. I love it when I wear something awful and she tells me she'll stop being my friend if I wear it in public.

Then about an hour ago I watched an anchor woman on TV do a story about "the recession" and "losing jobs" and try to optimistically spin the story to "which companies are hiring". Her answers? Health care and McDonalds. Ummmm, maybe it's just my negativity kicking in but I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that once McDonalds puts up 1000 more stores that of course we'll all be needing additional doctors appointments to deal with the obesity that will ensue.
Do we need to try to put a positive spin on everything?

1 Comments:

Blogger brooklyn said...

amen sister.

apparently FAKE is the new trend out here in nyc, and i refuse to rock it.

And as far as i'm concerned:
bitch is the new black.

deal with it.

January 26, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home