Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Night In The Twilight Zone


What started out as a fairly normal night out somehow deviated into some kind of scene out of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It started with dinner at this Thai place that turns into a crazy mid 90's karaoke joint right around 7:30 which just so happened to be right in the middle of our dinner. The only song choices were Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, some song about elephants and animals, and Thai songs. When the machine broke, the woman singing just kept right on going with her rendition of "The Harper Valley PTA". Then the disco balls came and the owner sung in Thai and sent our table plates of corn flakes. yeah. Corn flakes. I wondered if we had somehow accidentally taken mescaline.
Because this obviously wasn't quite weird enough yet, in the middle of the dance floor I had an allergic reaction to something that made me break out in hives all over my body. I would say that the end of last night was my worst looking night ever.
So now I have to call the doctor with all the tiny chairs to figure it all out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's something about that foul Madison's basement that makes me want to break out in hives too ... hope you're feeling better.

January 24, 2009 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

that's true. I'm going to have to add "essence of Madison's" to my allergy test.

January 25, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home