Friday, January 30, 2009

Reasons Why I Don't


So I ordered Girl Scout Cookies the other day and I realized that not one single thing has changed about those things in something like 15 years. I mean, obviously it's because they are perfect in every way but wow. The form is the same, the cookie flavors are the same, and parents still bring the order forms to the office to swindle childless people like myself into spending $30 on cookies.
Besides the deliciousness of the cookies, Girl Scouts is a tiny bit of a sore spot for me since my mother would not let me be in Girl Scouts. She literally said that it bred Susie Homemakers and she for one would not be allowing her daughters to be in such an organization. All I wanted was that brown outfit and the cookies. Plus they looked like they had pretty good snacks. She was one of those moms. When I was in second grade she shaved her head like Annie Lennox in the Eurythmics and wore a mini skirt. And apparently had a problem with Girl Scouts.
I guess in the end it all worked out though since I have zero homemaking skills and I have never once been accused of being a "Susie Homemaker" so my mom won that one.
Side note: she may have won another one too because while I was thinking about it, I probably wouldn't want my daughters involved in Girl Scouts either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home