Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Frida Was On To Something

Artists Frida Kahlo and her husband Diego Rivera each had a house. Frida had her things on one side and Diego had his on the other and there was a walkway that joined them and that pretty much describes my perfect living situation. Before I knew about this I always told boyfriends that I had been dating long enough to warrant a living together discussion that I wanted my own house on the corner of the property when I got married.
I suppose it's safe to say that I have a 'thing' about personal space. A few years ago I called a guy I was dating and made him come pick up a shirt and some hair product he left at my house. That was an extreme case but you get the idea. I just feel like it's weird to live with people, even if you love them. Does that mean that they should know every item of clothing in your closet or that you should see them every day?
Is it completely crazy to want to keep your own space forever or do you have to 'suck it up' and coexist at some point?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home