Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Story About My Dad.... Otherwise Titled A Glimpse Of My 80 Year Old Self

I just couldn't resist telling this story from my lunch with my dad the other day. Now my Dad and I don't get to have lunch together all that often just the 2 of us so I was really excited to pick him up where his car was being worked on and talk his ear off for a few hours.
While we were eating (and I was talking) I noticed that he was looking past me over my shoulder an awful lot. When I turned around to see what he was looking at, I discovered a huge mirror on the wall right behind me.
"Goddamn it. Why did you tell me my hair looked like this?" He proceeded to fix his hair for at least five minutes..... like a girl.....
"I have hat hair, UGH!" More fixing.
I am speechless. My father is nearing 80 and has just spent the last 15 minutes talking about his hair so I am about to fall out of my chair holding in laughter.
He suddenly looks at me and says "Well you know what your sister's say about you? That you never met a mirror you didn't like."

1 Comments:

Blogger Royce said...

I don't know if I'm more amused by your sisters throwing you under the bus like that, or your Dad telling you about it. Either way that's some family love.

December 21, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home