Friday, July 10, 2009

A Creative Person You Should Know About:Thomas Bendel


Thomas Bendel is a German architect that makes very simple homes that I have just fallen in love with. It's very difficult to do simple rooms like these and still make them feel warm and he uses books in many of his designs to tone down the museum effect a bit. Great idea!
This is my problem: I spend so much time on these design and architecture sites and now that I am searching for a new place to live in Madison it's difficult to love anything.
Aren't there any German designed warehouses here?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ellen Nordahl said...

The closest thing I've seen to loft-style apartments in Madison are The Tobacco Lofts (managed by urban land interests) and Das Kronenberg on Blount Street (the top-most condo has been posted for rent on Craigslist for quite a while and it's gorgeous, especially with the rooftop access).

Good luck with the apartment search - I just signed a lease and it's quite a relieving feeling.

July 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home