Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Horrible Plan


So my sister calls me last night and tells me that she will be meeting the family for Thanksgiving in Columbus Ohio and then I start telling her that our other sister and I will probably drive together. There is a silence for a moment or two and then she says "oh..... I think Mom rented a van for all of you and our grandparents".
I am pretty much speechless that not only does my mom think that driving together for 7 hours in a van is safe, but also that she deliberately hid the plan from me because she KNEW it was a completely bullshit plan.
My sisters and I are in our late 20's, but are not above buying excessive amounts of snacks, singing aloud, and fighting during any sort of car trip. This presents a problem when we are in the presence of our esteemed grandparents.....
I told my mom I would rather cling to the bottom of the van than ride inside it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh but think of all the fun times that could be had listening to Gma and Gpa exchange racist banter and explain to you, in detail, why our cousin is, in fact, the Messiah.

October 14, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home